UP man held for allegedly assaulting minor girl after marriage proposal rejection

18/05/2026
image

Hardoi (UP), May 17: A 24-year-old man was taken into custody for allegedly abducting and molesting a minor girl after she rejected his marriage proposal in the Beniganj Kotwali area of the district, police said on Sunday.
According to police, the accused has been identified as 24-year-old Atul. The 17-year-old victim, who lives with her sister in Delhi, had returned to her village on May 3 to attend her uncle's wedding.
On the night of May 11, while attending a wedding function with her mother, the accused allegedly forced her to an isolated spot outside the village. The girl claimed that the accused had been pressurising her for a long time to speak to him and marry him.
When she refused, he allegedly tied her to a tree, beat her brutally with sticks, fists, and kicks, and molested her. He also stuffed a cloth into her mouth and kept her captive for several hours.
The accused then bit her private parts, causing severe bleeding, following which she lost consciousness. He allegedly fled the spot, leaving her there, the victim said.
The incident has triggered concern within the police administration after details of the alleged assault emerged in the media. Police have sent the girl for medical examination.
Hariyawan Circle Officer Ajit Kumar Singh said the accused has been taken into custody and is being interrogated. He added that strict legal action is being taken, considering the seriousness of the case. PTI

Share This Story


Comment On This Story

 

Photo Gallery

  
BSE Sensex
NSE Nifty